Howdy! My name is Namu (sounds like fondue). Super glad to have you here on my website! I’m a Bay Area-born, West Virginia-raised photographer who has lived in California nearly my entire adult life. I've created images for thousands of clients over more than a decade and I still get excited before shoots!
As a photographer, my most important goal is to build a community of clients who know me, like me and trust me.
To create that community, I work extra hard to be authentic in everything I do, to put service over financial success and to make integrity a pillar of my business practices.
My years of experience have taught me to catch moments that many people might miss. I’m also particularly good at making people feel welcome, relaxed and comfortable, which results in fantastic, natural photos. The compliment I hear more than any other is when a client tells me some variation of “I can’t believe how many people came up to me to tell me they liked my photographer!” Makes me happy.
Other things that make me happy:
when my son decides he isn’t too embarrassed to hold my hand in public (he’s at that age, lol), the sound of raindrops on a metal roof, reading a great book in the shade of a tree next to a stream, looking at color palettes, dancing to hiphop and neosoul, and wandering aimlessly around cultural festivals. I adore meeting new people and learning about who they are, where they're from and what drives them.
– I’m ridiculously in love with sushi. Like, a lot. Too much, probably. OK, I might have a problem with sushi.
– I’m a silver medal winner in the U.S. Academic Decathlon. Don’t be too impressed, the category was “extemporaneous speaking” which roughly translates to being very good at BSing.
– I was a nightclub bouncer/head of security for a decade, and discovered my love of photography during that time period.
– “Namu” is my real name, on my birth certificate and everything. It was my grandfather’s nickname when he was growing up in India.
– I’m a big fan of FPS games. At one time in my life, I was ranked in the top .02% of amateur Counter-Strike players, worldwide.
– I’m pretty good at dodgeball, in spite of being old as dirt.
– My kiddo is three times as cute as I am, and I’m pretty damned cute.
– I was a rapper in my twenties and during my rap career I opened up for KRS-One, Lil’ Kim, Salt N’ Pepa, Common and hundreds of other acts you’ve probably only heard of if you’re really into 90s hip hop.
But enough about me, let’s talk about you! Are you ready to take the next step? I’d love to speak with you on the phone, email or through video chat. Let’s get you some gorgeous photos!