If you haven't guessed it by now, my name is Namu (sounds like fondue). Super glad to have you here on my website! I’m a Bay Area-born, West Virginia-raised photographer, and I've lived in California nearly my entire adult life. I've created images for thousands of clients over more than a decade and I still get excited before shoots!
AS A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER, MY MOST IMPORTANT GOAL IS TO RUN A BUSINESS THAT THRIVES BY PROVIDING REAL VALUE TO MY CLIENTS, USING SYSTEMS THAT BENEFIT BOTH ME AND MY COMMUNITY.
To create that, I work extra hard to be authentic in everything I do, to put service over financial success and to make integrity a pillar of my business practices. When I was young, I made mistakes in both my personal and work life that led to people I cared about being hurt, and it took a long time for me to mature enough to even understand that I'd hurt people. Once I did, though, I started working hard to improve. I can't erase the past, but I've learned a lot from it, and I've turned those life lessons into the foundation of my work practices. I still have miles to go, but my journey continues to make me into a better business person, a better friend and a better citizen of the world.
Don't worry, I'm only this serious when the situation calls for it, lol. Most of the time I'm very in touch with my inner 12 year old, laughing too much, being excited about everything around me and getting in trouble for not caring what other people think. I'm also nerd-adjacent, a nationally-ranked videogamer and a complete over-sharer. I bet you guessed that last one already.
In all my years of working, do you know the most important skill I've learned? Friendliness! Over years of working in an incredible variety of environments, meeting and getting to know tens of thousands of people, I've become great at making those people feel welcome, relaxed and comfortable...and when people feel comfortable, they take way better photos! That friendliness pays off, over and over again - I get a lot of compliments because of it. Wanna know the compliment I hear the second most often? A client telling me “Our guests loved you!”
Of course, the number one compliment I get is "We loved our photos!"
Makes me happy. :D
Keep scrolling for more photos and some fun facts!
HOW ABOUT SOME MORE THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY?
1. When my son decides he isn’t too embarrassed to hold my hand in public (he’s at that age, lol)
2. The sound of raindrops on a metal roof (hard to find in Cali!)
3. Reading a great book in the shade of an umbrella next to the ocean
4. Looking at color palettes and dreaming about painting walls in funky colors
5. Dancing to hiphop, dancehall and neosoul
6. Wandering aimlessly around cultural festivals
7. Eating a picnic in a field on the top of a mountain with someone saucy
AND HOW ABOUT SOME FUN FACTS?
1. I’m ridiculously in love with sushi. Like, a lot. Too much, probably. OK, I have a problem with sushi.
2. I’m a silver medal winner in the U.S. Academic Decathlon, in the "extemporaneous speaking" category. If you know what extemporaneous speaking means, you'll know why this is funny, lol.
3. I was a nightclub bouncer/head of security for a decade, and discovered my love of photography during that time period.
4. “Namu” is my real name, on my birth certificate and everything. Ask me about how I got the name!
5. I’m pretty good at dodgeball, in spite of being old as dirt.
6. My kiddo is three times as cute as I am, and I’m pretty damned cute.
7. I was a rapper in my twenties and during my rap career I opened up for KRS-One, Lil’ Kim, Salt N’ Pepa, Common and other acts you’ve probably only heard of if you’re really into 90s hip hop.
OK, OK, that's enough about me, let’s talk about you! I’d love to speak with you on the phone, email or through video chat. Let’s get you some gorgeous photos!